SY Training Programme
South Yorkshire is one of three Locality Schemes in the Yorkshire and Humber Foundation School. We oversee and support training for foundation doctors in six Acute Trust areas in South Yorkshire.
We work in partnership with Sheffield University Medical School, Health Education England Yorkshire and the Humber (HEE YH), and the NHS, to deliver a Foundation Programme which builds on undergraduate training, complies with the GMC requirements for training set out in the curriculum, and creates the best possible educational and career opportunities for progression into specialty training.
Our two year training programmes are tailored to provide each trainee with a variety of clinical placements over which they have some choice and which are guaranteed to meet the UKFPO Curricular requirements.
For rotations commencing in 2014, posts will be 2 year linked posts, so trainees will know their rotations for the full two Foundation years. Each training programme consists of 6 placements as shown in the rotation below.
The programmes are linked, so, for example, the rotation shown as 1(a) in FY1 will be followed by that shown in 1(a) in FY2. This will be your rotation for the two year training period.
For details of the Academic posts, please click here.
Trusts within the South Yorkshire (SY) Locality Scheme
- Barnsley Hospital, Barnsley
- Bassetlaw Hospital, Worksop
- Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Doncaster
- Montagu Hospital, Mexborough
- Rotherham Hospital, Rotherham
- Nothern General Hospital, Sheffield
- Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield
- Jessop Wing, Sheffield
- Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield
- Sheffield Children's Hospital, Sheffield
- The Longley Centre
- The Michael Carlisle Centre
- Additional community sites