Workforce, training and education
Yorkshire and Humber

International Students FAQs

These are the most frequently asked questions regarding international students. 


I am a non-UK/non-EEA student studying at a UK university - am I eligible for the national online recruitment process?

If you are wishing to complete a two-year full time Foundation Programme you should be eligible for UKFPO Sponsorship. Please see the UKFPO website for further information. or visit the Sponsorship page

I am an international student studying outside the UK - am I eligible for the national online recruitment process?

Please see the UKFPO website for details on eligibility.

I am an international student who has undertaken an internship before graduation - which Foundation posts can I apply for?

If you have undertaken any clinical work as part of your curriculum you can only apply for Foundation Year 2 (F2) Posts. You should refer to the UKFPO website for guidance.

Where can I get information on Visas for Foundation training?

For information regarding visas for Foundation training, please see our Sponsorship page or the UKFPO website.

For UK Government advice on visas, please see the Visas and Immigration website.