Sheffield benefits greatly from the Department of Academic Radiology that provides outstanding opportunities and support for academic pursuits.
Registrars can undertake projects in order to pursue a career in academic radiology or to enhance their profile for consultant interview. Protected time for study and research will be provided and there are opportunities for research leading to publication and presentation at national and international radiological meetings. From an early point trainees would be encouraged and supported by academic and clinical staff to undertake research projects during their period of training. Instruction in the use of electronic equipment, statistical analysis and the audit process will be given. Regular audit meetings take place in each of the departments in the training programme and trainees will be expected to attend and participate in audit projects.
The Academic Unit of Radiology at the University of Sheffield performs the majority of its research using Magnetic Resonance techniques.
Our particular areas of interest are neuro imaging, fetal imaging and the use of hyperpolarised agents for MR.
The MR Unit opened in 1991 followed by the creation of the Academic Unit of Radiology in 1996 after the appointment of Professor Paul Griffiths as head of unit. The unit has grown in size and now consists of seven senior academics based in either Radiology or Medical Physics.
We currently operate four MR scanners at different sites across Sheffield; two based at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital (1.5T and 3T), Sheffield Children's Hospital (1.5T) and a small bore 0.2T system based at the Jessop Wing of the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
The Academic Unit of Radiology has research partnerships with two major MR manufacturers (Philips Medical Systems and General Electric Health Care).
|Prof. Paul Griffiths||Head of Academic Unit|
|Prof. Nigel Hoggard||Clinical Senior Lecturer in Neuroradiology|
|Dr. Elspeth Whitby||Clinical Senior Lecturer|
|Prof. Martyn Paley||Personal Chair, MR physics|
|Prof. Iain Wilkison||Reader, MR Physics|
|Dr. Jim Wild||Reader MR Physics|
|Dr Amaka Offiah||HEFCE Clinical Senior Lecturer|
Dr Amaka Offiah - HEFCE clinical senior lecturer is also an honorary consutant radiologist at Sheffield Children's Hospital with an interest in the musculoskeletal system in general and child abuse and skeletal dysplasias in particular. She is a member of the Academic Unit of Child Heath and Mellanby Centre for Bone Research. Further details are available at:
Dr Elspeth Whitby - is a clinical senior lecturer in radiology based in the Academic department of reproductive and developmental medicine and a honorary consultant radiologist at Sheffield teaching hospitals. Her main interest is in obstetric imaging including both the fetus and the placenta. She collaborates with academic radiologists in child health and with a wide range of clinicians. She lectures and examines on the medical school course and supports research students at all levels of medical training. Further details are available on the University of Sheffield Website.
For further information please see the Sheffield University website.
An Academic Clinical Lecturer (ACL) is to be appointed in 2012. The appointed trainee will have completed an MD/PhD or equivalent and ideally will have completed their core radiology training and passed the final FRCR 2b exam.
The post represents an exciting opportunity to combine clinical training in Radiology with a programme of post-doctoral research, providing 50% clinical and 50% academic time and is ideally suited to individuals wishing to build an academic career in Radiology, and in particular those who have already undertaken research and who now wish to continue their research whilst pursuing further training.
Academic Clinical Fellows (ACFs) spend a quarter of their time involved in research attached either to the Academic Unit of Radiology or the Sheffield Vascular Institute.
The ACF program runs alongside the general training scheme so that they gain adequate training in general radiology whilst allowing time to focus on a specific research interest. There is then opportunity to apply for a higher degree before sub-specialisation in years 4 and 5.
Sheffield University has a large number of ACFs across many specialties and there is a well organised Post Graduate Research MSc program that can be completed in years 1 and 2. There is opportunity to present research at the Medical Schools annual Research Day in June.
- Multiple Sclerosis Update: use of MRI for early diagnosis, disease monitoring and assessment of treated related complications. Igra MS, Paling D, Wattjes MP, Connolly DJ, Hoggard N.Br J Radiol. 2017 Mar 31
- Paddock M, Akram R, Jarvis DA, Armitage P, Song S, Madhuvrata P, Griffiths PD. The assessment of fetal brain growth in diabetic pregnancy using in utero magnetic resonance imaging. Clinical Radiology. 2017;72(5);427.e1-427.e8.
- Paddock M, Sprigg A, Offiah AC. Re: Imaging and reporting considerations for suspected physical abuse (non-accidental injury) in infants and young children. Part 1: initial considerations and appendicular skeleton. A reply. Clinical Radiology 2017;72(5):422
- Paddock M, Sprigg A, Offiah AC. Imaging and reporting considerations for suspected pgysical abuse (non-accidental injury)in infants and young children. Part 2 Axial skeleton and differential diagnosis. Clinical Radiology. 2017;72(3):189-201.
- Paddock M, Sprigg A, Offiah AC. Imaging and reporting considerations for suspected physical abuse (non-accidental injury) in infants and young children. Part 1: Initial considerations and appendicular skeleton. Clinical Radiology. 2017;72(3):179-188.
- Paddock M, Hodgson T, Bhattacharyya D. Bilateral incudomalleolar dislocations: an unusual cause of deafness. BMJ Case Reports 2017;doi:10.1136/bcr-2016-2018733
- A qualitative comparison of arterial spin labelling and dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI in 52 children with a range of neurological conditions. Armitage P, Skipper N, Connolly DJA, Griffiths PD. The British Journal of Radiology 2017.
- T.Adlan, Y.Shahin, P.Kember, J.Isaacs, R.Seymour ‘Retrospective cohort study on Angio-Seal closure device safety and effectiveness in antegrade superficial femoral artery punctures: a comparison with antegrade common femoral artery punctures’. International Journal of Surgery 2017; 48:225-27.
- Y.Shahin. ‘Re: Intraprocedural distal embolization after femoropopliteal angioplasty: is there a role for below-the-knee stents? a statistical analysis point of view’. In press. Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Journal 2017.
- Jarvis DA, Akram R, Mandefield L, Paddock M, Armitage P, Griffiths PD. Quantification of total fetal brain volume using 3D MR imaging data acquired in utero. Prenatal Diagnosis. 2016;36(13):1225-1232.
- Sutton AJ,Vohra RS, Hollyman M, Marriott PJ, Buja A, Alderson D, Pasquali S, Griffiths EA, CholeS Study Group and the West Midlands Research Collaborative. ‘Cost-effectiveness of emergency versus delayed laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute gallbladder pathology’. In press. British Journal of Surgery 2016.
- CholeS Study Group,West Midlands Research Collaborative. ‘Population-based cohort study of variation in the use of emergency cholecystectomy for benign gallbladder diseases’. In press. British Journal of Surgery 2016.
- CholeS Study Group,West Midlands Research Collaborative. ‘Population-based cohort study of outcomes following cholecystectomy for benign gallbladder diseases’. In press. British Journal of Surgery 2016.
- F.A.Mazari,Y.Shahin, J.A.Khan, N.Samuel, D.Carradice, P.T.McCollum, I.C.Chetter ‘Comparison of use of Short Form-36 domain scores and patient responses for derivation of preference-based SF6D index to calculate quality adjusted life years (QALYs) in patients with intermittent claudication’. In press. Annals of Vascular Surgery 2016.
- Paddock M. Lines on a posteroanterior chest radiograph. British Medical Journal. 2015;350:h1437.
- Comparison of clinically suspected injuries detected at whole-body CT in suspected multi-trauma victims. Shannon L, Peachey T, Skipper NT,Adiotomre E,Chopra A, Marappan B, Kotnis N. Clinical Radiology 2015.
- Paddock M, Demetriou A, Nicholl R. Are we considering neonatal stroke early enough in our differential dianosis? Jouranl of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 2014:7(4):293-299
- Paddock M, Robson N. The curoius case of disappearing IVC: A case report and review of the aetiology of Inferior Vena Cava Agenesis. Journal of Radiology Case Reports. 2014;8(4):38-47.
- Radiological Anatomy for FRCR Part 1. Borg P, Alvi AR, Skipper NT, Johns C. 2nd ed.Springer Berlin Heidelburg: 2014.
- Pulmonary artery relative area change detects mild elevations in pulmonary vascular resistance and predicts adverse outcome in pulmonary hypertension. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Condliffe R, Capener D, Hurdman J, Elliot CA, Kiely DG, Wild JM, Invest Rad. 2012 Oct;47(10): 571-577
- Diagnostic accuracy of cardiovascular magnetic resonance of right ventricular morphology and function in the assessment of suspected pulmonary hypertension. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Condliffe R, Capener D, Hurdman J, Elliot CA, Wild JM, Kiely DG. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2012 Jun 21;14(1)
- Black blood MRI has diagnostic and prognostic value in the assessment of patients with pulmonary hypertension. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Marshall H, Condliffe R, Capener D, Hill C, Davies C, Hurdman J, Elliot CA, Wild JM, Kiely DG. Eur Radiol. 2012 Mar;22(3):695-702.
- Diagnostic accuracy of contrast-enhanced MR angiography and unenhanced proton MR imaging compared with CT pulmonary angiography in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Capener D, Telfer A, Davies C, Hill C, Condliffe R, Elliot C, Hurdman J, Kiely DG, Wild JM. Eur Radiol. 2012 Feb;22(2):310-7.
- Comparison of the diagnostic utility of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography and echocardiography in assessment of suspected pulmonary arterial hypertension in patients with connective tissue disease. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Capener D, Elliot CA, Condliffe R, Davies C, Hill C, Hurdman J, Kidling R, Akil M, Wild JM, Kiely DG. J Rheumatol. 2012 Jun;39(6):1265-74.
- Lung morphology assessment with balanced steady-state free precession MR imaging compared with CT. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Capener D, Telfer A, Davies C, Hill C, Condliffe R, Elliot C, Hurdman J, Kiely DG, Wild JM. Radiology 2012 May;263(2):569-77.
- Direct visualisation of collateral ventilation in COPD with hyperpolarised gas MRI. Marshall H, Deppe MH, Parra-Robles J, Hillis S, Billings CG, Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Miller SR, Watson JH, Wolber J, Lipson DA, Lawson R, Wild JM. Thorax. 2012 Jul;67(7):613-7.
- CT and MRI findings in the basal ganglia in Non-Ketotic Hyperglycaemia Associated Hemichorea and Hemiballismus (HC-HB). Z Zaitout, DJA Connolly, K Karunasaagarar, R Batty. Neuroradiology. Volume 54, Number 10 (2012), 1119-1120.
- 'Investigation of Paediatric Head Injury'. A Mathew, P Borg, R Jayarajasingam, T Win. Paediatric Radiology, Vol. 42 (Suppl 3) p.S534 (May 2012)
- CT pulmonary angiography combined with echocardiography in suspected systemic sclerosis-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension. Condliffe R, Radon M, Hurdman J, Davies C, Hill C, Akil M, Guarasci F, Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Wragg Z, van Beek E, Elliot CA, Kiely DG. Rheumatology. 2011 Mar 29.
- ‘Occlusion of the Profunda Femoris Artery in Competitive Cyclists’-Case-report. Mathew A, Fysh T, Bottomley JR, Thompson JF, Beard JD.European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery(Extra) March 2010. Volume 19, Issue 3, Pages e28-e30
- Advances in epilepsy imaging. Craven I, Kotsarini C, Hoggard N.Postgraduate Medical Journal. (2010) 86:552-559
- Radiological anatomy for FRCR part 1- Borg P, Alvi AR.
Springer; 1st Edition. (12 Oct 2010)
- Dr Yousef Shahin - Endovascular interventional modalities for haemorrhage control in abnormal placental implantation deliveries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. British Society of Interventional Radiology. November 2017
- Paddock M, Akram R, Griffiths PD. 14 September 2016. The assessment of fetal brain growth in diabetic pregnancy using in utero magnetic resonance imaging. The Royal College of Radiologists Annual Scientific Meeting (RCR ASM) 2016, London, UK.
- Smith J, Paddock M*, Sprigg A, Lang I, Offiah AC. 18 May 2016. What is the value of spine, hand and foot radiographs as part of the skeletal survey for diagnosing suspected physical child abuse? International Peadiatric Radiology (IPR) Congress 2016, Chicago, USA. *Presenter, Awarded Young Researcher Award for best scientific oral presentation.
- Classification of brain abnormalities in survivors of monochorionic twin pregnancy after single fetus demise. Skipper NT,Igra MS, Conte G, Kilby MD, Griffiths PD, Parazzini C, Righini A. British Society of Neuroradiologists 2016 (York)
- Paddock M, Griffiths PD. 9 October 2015. The assessment of fetal brain growth and maturation in diabetic pregnancy using in ytero magnetic resonance imaging. Professor Isherwood Prize Presentation. British Society of Neuroradiology (BSNR) 2015 Annual Conference, Sheffield UK.
- Totally percutaneous endovascular aneurysm repair(PEVAR)-the
quest for day case EVAR. Mathew A, Alvi AJR, Bottomley J, Cleveland T, Gaines T, Thomas S, Turner D. BSIR 2012
- Early experience of the Ovation TM endograft for anatomically challenging infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms. Alvi AJR, Mathew A, Turner D, Bottomley J. BSIR 2012
- Totally percutaneous endovascular aneurysm repair under local anaesthetic (PEVAR-LA)-the Sheffield experience. Alvi AJR, Mathew A, Bottomley J, Turner D. BSIR 2012
- Procedure-based Assessments for Endovascular Trainees. Mathew A, Beard J. British Society of Endovascular Therapy, 2012
- An Evaluation of the Use of S-DOPS in the Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum Programme. Mathew A , Beard J, Rowley D, Woodthorpe A, Foulkes J. Academy of Medical Educators Conference 2010.
- STAG Trial: A Multicentre Randomised Clinical Trial Comparing Angioplasty and Stenting for the Treatment of Iliac Occlusion: Comparison of Clinical Outcomes and Complications. Hersey N BSIR Nov 2010 *Best presentation by a trainee.
- Paddock M, Sprigg A, Offiah AC. 15-20 May 2016. Imaging and reporting considerations for skeletal manifestations of inflicted injury in infants and young children: a pictorial review. International Peadiatric Radiology (IPR) Congress, Chicago, USA.
- Senasi R, Paddock M, Smith C, Wei XC, Raghavan A, Haider S. A retrospective review of the techniques used for the diagnosis of H-type tracheoesophageal fistula across two paediatric regional centres. 12-14 September 2016. The Royal College of Radiologists Annual Scientifica Meeting (RCR ASM) 2016, London, UK (4-6 June 2015. 52nd Annual Meeting of the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR), Graz, Autrial).
- Paddock M, Martin A, Lang I, Smith A. Provisional reporting of Emergency Department radiographs and correlation with the final radioloical report. 12-14 September 2016. The Royal College of Radiologists Annual Society of Paediatric Radiology (RCR ASM)2016, London, UK (4-6 June 2015. 52nd Annual Meeting of the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR), Graz, Austria).
- Audit of nerve root blocks and associated documentation performed by neuroradiologists at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. Rea B, Batty R, Connolly D, Skipper N. British Society of Neuroradiologists 2016 (York)
- Paddock M, Senasi R, Hare M, Ward R, Hough J, Raghavan A. 27 April - 1 May 2015. Traumatic celiac artery disscection in an adolescent diagnosed using a computed tomography split bolus "Afghan" technique. Society of Paediatric Radiology (SPR) Annual Meeting 2015, Seattle, Wahington, USA.
- 1H-MR spectroscopy as a diagnostic aid in MSA-C. Kadodwala V, Hadjivassilious M, Currie S, Skipper N, Larsen J, Connolly D, Batty R. American Society of Neuroradiology 2015 (Sheffield)
- Imaging pulmonary embolism in pregnancy: What is the value of routine bilateral leg Doppler ultrasound in women without symptoms of deep venous thrombosis? Cooper M and Matthews S. European society of thoracic imaging congress. London; 2012
- Orbital cellulitis: 10-year experience- A V Mathew, E Craig, R Al-Mahmoud, R Batty, A Raghavan, D Connolly. ESNR Conference, Edinburgh, September 2012
- CT and MRI Findings in the Basal Ganglia in Non-Ketotic Hyperglycaemia Associated Hemi-chorea and Hemiballismus. Z Zaitout, T Julius, S Gagrani, K Karunasaagarar, DJA Connolly, R Batty.UKRC 2012.
- Causes of increased T1W signal within the basal ganglia. Z Zaitout, S Gagrani, K Karunasaagarar, DJA Connolly, R Batty. American Society of Neuroradiology 50th Annual Meeting, New York 2012.
- Lung cancer in 15 year old child presenting as pneumothorax with an incidental peripancreatic lymphangioma. Z Zaitout, T Julius, T Win.UKRC 2012.
- Clinical utility of MR pulmonary artery stiffness indices in unselected patients with pulmonary hypertension. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Capener D, Marshall H, Hill C, Davies C, Hurdman J, Condliffe R, Elliot C, Wild JM, Kiely DG. RSNA 2011
- Black blood MRI predicts early mortality in patients with suspected pulmonary hypertension. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Marshall H, Condliffe R, Capener D, Hill C, Davies C, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Wild JM and Kiely DG.ESTI 2011
- LV eccentricity Index strongly reflects mPAP in patients with IPAH using CINE cardiac MRI. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Condliffe R, Marshall H, Capener D, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG and Wild JM. ERS 2011
- Cardiac MRI in connective tissue disease patients with suspected pulmonary hypertension: correlation between morphological and functional parameters and invasive measurements. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Marshall H, Capener D, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. EULAR 2011
- Black blood MRI has high diagnostic accuracy in patients with suspected pulmonary hypertension. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Capener D, Marshall H, Hill C, Davies C, Hurdman J, Condliffe R, Elliot C, Wild JM, Kiely DG. ATS 2011
- MR LV Systolic Eccentricity Index Compared to Established Cardiac MR Parameters for the Diagnosis of PH: Correlation with Right Heart Catheterization. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Capener, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Wild JM and Kiely DG. ATS 2011
- Relative Area Change (RAC) Better Reflects Right Ventricular Ejection Fraction (RVEF) than Longitudinal or Transverse Functional Measurements in PH Patients. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Capener D, Hurdman J, Condliffe R, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. ISMRM 2011
- 3D MR Pulmonary Perfusion in Connective Tissue Disease Patients: a non-invasive method of PVR estimation. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Capener D, Hill C, Davies C, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Wild JM, Kiely DG.EULAR 2011
- 3D Time-resolved MR Perfusion in Patients with Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. Swift AJ, Telfer A , Marshall H, Rajaram S Capener D, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. National CTEPH meeting 2011
- Novel Method for the Estimation of PCWP using CINE Cardiac MRI in Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension. Swift AJ, Rajaram S, Marshall H, Capener D, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. ERS 2011
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Contrast-Enhanced MRA and Non-Contrast Proton MRI Compared with CTPA in Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Marshall H, Capener D, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. ISMRM 2011
- Assessment of lung morphology with steady state free precession (SSFP) MRI compared to computed tomography. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Marshall H, Capener D, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. UPenn 2011
- Comparative study of SPSS lung MRI with HRCT in patients with interstitial lung fibrosis. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Marshall H, Capener D, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. ISMRM 2011
- Effect of pulmonary fibrosis on pulmonary artery size in predicting pulmonary hypertension. Rajaram S, Swift AJ, Marshall H, Capener D, Condliffe R, Hurdman J, Elliot C, Kiely DG, Wild JM. ESTI 2011
- Investigation of Paediatric Head Injury. A Mathew, P Borg, R Jayarajasingam, T Win. ESPR, Athens, June 2012
- Audit of Appropriateness of Usage of CTPA in the Investigation of Suspected PE. Mathew A, Davies C. RCR Annual Scientific Meeting, September 2011
- Evolving trends in AAA repair: Percutaneous Endovascular Aneurysm Repair. Mathew A, Alvi AJR, Kerr K, Bottomley J. Vascular Anaesthetic Society ASM, September 2011
- Selective Fully Percutaneous Endovascular Aneurysm Repair under Local anaesthetic (PEARLA): the Game-changer for Suitable Infra-renal Aortic Aneurysms. Bottomley J, Alvi AJR, Mathew A. European Congress of Radiology, Vienna 2011
- MRI vs Endoscopy in Paediatric Inflammatory Bowel disease. Borg P, Win T. European Congress of Radiology 2011.
- The use of 3 Tesla MRI in epilepsy. - Craven I, Griffiths PD, Coley SC, Connolly D, Hodgson T, Romanowski CAJ, Batty R, Hoggard N.
British Society of Neuroradiologists. Glasgow 2010.
- Colonic stenting: Indications, technique and complications. - Kirwadi A, Chellamuthu S, Bansal M, Hampton J.RSNA 2010
- Is Adrenal Vein Sampling Clinically Useful?: A Review of Local Experience. - Hersey N. BSIR Nov 2010
- The Plain Abdominal Radiograph-Often Used, Seldom Useful. Mathew A, Dubb A, Rehman A, Wolinski A. Gastro 2009 International Conference, London, November 2009
- Extrinsic Causes of Gastric Outlet Obstruction: Diagnostic Imaging and Radiological-guided Stenting. Chellamuthu S, Hon L, Rathinavel B, Lee F. RSNA 2009.
The Annual Grainger Prize Meeting is held in Sheffield every June and showcases a selection of audit and research being performed in the department. Prizes are donated by the late Professor Ronald Grainger, author of the Grainger and Allison radiology textbook and long-time Professor of Radiology in Sheffield.
Following an afternoon of presentations, separate prizes for Junior and Senior StRs are awarded for the best presentation. The winners are below:
|Andy Martin||Daniel Ward||Krit Dwivedi|
Michael Paddock (1st)
Chris Johns (2nd)
Krit Dwivedi (1st)
Vartan Balian (2nd)
Chris Johns (1st)
Neil Prasad (2nd)
Yousef Shahin (1st)
Samer Alabed (2nd)
Chris Johns (1st)
Tom Peachey (2nd)
Mandela Thyoka (1st)
Andy Martin (2nd)
Ese Adiotomre (1st)
Hannah Warner (2nd)
Mustafa Abbas (1st)
Kumar Shekhar/Lisa Shannon (2nd)
- Dr Elisabeth Hoyles - 2018 Won prize for the Best Interesting Case Presentation - BSGAR Conference, Edinburgh
- Dr Michael Paddock - 2017 Awarded the Inaugural RCR Outstanding Clinical Research Award (Trainee)
- Dr Nicholas Skipper - 2016 Kodak Radiology Fund Educational Bursary, RCR
- Dr Nicholas Skipper - 2016 ESOR Fellowship Grant, European School of Radiology
- Dr Michael Paddock - Awarded for scientific oral presentation, "What is the value of spine, hand and foot radiographs as part of the skeletal survey for diagnosing suspected physical abuse?" at the International Paediatric Radiology (IPR) Congress 2016, Chicago,USA. This award provides significant recognition for excellence in research.
- Dr Ian Craven has been awarded the 2010 Ian Isherwood Award from the British Society of Neuroradiology.
A number of the StRs act on Local and National committees includingDr Mark Regi who has recently been appointed as President of the Training Committee of the British Society of Intervention Radiology and Dr Steve Goode who is on the Audit and Registries Committee.
The Sheffield Vascular Institute is one of the largest Academic Vascular Units in the UK. The Institute has clinical facilities based at the Northern General Hospital site in Sheffield providing specialist vascular services to the population of Sheffield and many of the surrounding districts including Barnsley and Rotherham. Much research takes place within the clinical unit and is allied to the Academic Vascular Unit, which is part of the University of Sheffield, and housed in the section of Health Economics and Decision Science, within the School of Health and Related Research at Regent Court.
There are 6 Vascular Radiologist working in the department:
- Dr T Cleveland
- Dr S Thomas
- Dr D Turner
- Dr M Regi
- Dr S Goode
- Dr D Kusumawidjaja
For further information can be found on the institute's website.