IMT Booklets for Trainees and Supervisors:
- Trust guidelines - antibiotics, VTE prophylaxis, prescribing (see your Trust Intranet for these essential documents)
- Electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC): here
- Prescribing in pregnancy (BUMPS): here
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP) Discovery Portal: here
- British Medical Journal (BMJ): here
- BMJ Case Reports: here
- Clinical Medicine journal - Ethics and law, continuing medical education (CME) themes each issue eg palliative care, renal medicine: here
- Future Hospital journal - The future of healthcare, medical leadership: here
- Everything! - excellent website (produced by Dr Nicola Cooper for AIM trainees in East Midlands) containing up-to-date subject-grouped links to articles and guidelines: here
Choosing Wisely UK:
This initiative backed by the Academy of Royal Colleges is a global movement aimed at improving conversations between patients and their doctors and nurses. The aim is that by improving communication, unnecessary tests, treatments or procedures that are unlikely to lead to benefit can be avoided. The four cornerstones of this are:
- What are the benefits?
- What are the risks?
- What are the alternatives?
- What if I do nothing?
This follows the premise of shared decision making: 'no decision about me, without me'. Please discuss with your peers and Seniors, this makes an excellent reflective learning opportunity. You can read more about this here.