A National Code of Practice rotation timeline has been put into place to ensure all trainees are notified of their placement details a minimum of three months prior to the rotation date.
The Yorkshire and Humber School of Paediatrics offers placements in many Trusts throughout the region. There are a variety of post specialties to rotate through to ensure you gain relevant experience and fulfil the requirements of the curriculum. Post specialties include areas such as community, general paediatrics, neonates etc.
Details of the Paediatric curriculum are available on the RCPCH website.
Opportunities for pan-deanery placements are available. Full details can be found on the Opportunities page.
A survey has been created to collect the rotational preferences from trainees within the School of Paediatrics to help determine the training rotation for August 2019 and February 2020.
As such, you will have the opportunity to rank your preferred Trusts and Specialties in order of your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.
The survey gives you the option to download a PDF version of your responses; it is advisable to keep a copy of this for your records.
The 2020/2021 survey will close on Monday 16th December 2019 at 23:30.
Please consider the following before submitting your request:
- If you are a level 2 trainee do you still require neonates and/or community to complete level 2 training?
- When considering rotation preferences, please be aware that many community posts include neonatal on-call commitments to maintain rotas (therefore when considering preferences you must be prepared for the on-call commitments to be different from your daytime role)
- Pan-deanery posts are intended for ST6 and above (level 3 trainees). Details of available posts will be sent out shortly by email and added to the School website.
- Non-GRID specialty posts (e.g. respiratory, gastro, diabetes etc.) are limited so consider available Pan-deanery post application, and/or supply additional evidence of interest in that specialty
- Whilst every effort is made to meet your requests, all trainees’ preferences and training requirements need to be taken into account, and therefore your first choice cannot be guaranteed. Therefore the more choices you provide the more likely it is that you will get one of your choices
- Please also refer to the HEE YH website regarding the 6 priority tiers . Whilst we will endeavour to take location and travel times into consideration where possible, travel itself/alone will NOT take priority over training needs and fairness to all trainees. Therefore trainees should have to be prepared to travel if necessary.
- If you need advice about your personal requirements please discuss this with your Educational Supervisor. If you wish to discuss available placements and future training plans, your Training Programme Director responsible for your rotation will be able to advise. Contact details can be found here.