The whole school is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we have reviewed our approach to this recently. We want to help more people with varied experiences, backgrounds and ideas thrive as future leaders and do our part to tackle the systemic injustices that make it harder for brilliant people to contribute as leaders.
Feedback from the 2021 recruitment day has highlighted a wish to have more exposure to public health registrars to hear about their experiences and training within Yorkshire and Humber. With this in mind, we have arranged ‘drop in sessions’ where 1-2 registrars will be available to speak with people at all stages of their career. You do not need to register for these sessions, however, we do ask that you explore the resources that are already available to answer any initial questions you may have. You may want to ask about people’s experiences before coming into training, what work they are undertaking currently, and what it has been like for them. Please be aware that registrars are unable to talk about the interview process or give specific career advice.
- This recently recorded webinar (October 2021) which provides an overview of our Specialty training programme. It includes an overview of our scheme, insight from current registrars and Educational Supervisors, and much more. Please also refer to our website using the Public Health Menu and in particular the three parts of the Recruitment and Retention sections.
- The FAQ from the recruitment event is available here
- The registrar recruitment open day usually happens at the beginning of October. Please keep checking the website for more details regarding this.
- Please watch this Introduction to Public Health video by the Wessex Deanery
- You can meet some of our Educational Supervisors here. Each brings their considerable expertise and diverse experience which helps to ensure that all our registrars benefit from only the best training experiences.
- Recruitment for the scheme is managed centrally by East Midlands (email@example.com) and you can find the correct timelines on the Faculty of Public Health website which provides a wealth of information and is the best place to find out about the application process. Be sure to look out for their own events about the Specialty Registrar scheme on their Regional Taster Events page.
Dates for drop in sessions:
Tuesday 24th May 15:00 -17:00
Wednesday 29th June 15:00-17:00
Thursday 22nd July 15:00-17:00
Friday 26th August 15:00-17:00
Monday 26th September 15:00-17:00
First week in October will be the formal recruitment event
Tuesday 18th October 15:00-17:00