The team handle lots of enquires on specialty training. We've compiled a list of the most frequently asked:

I'm an SpR and would like to attend one of the Education and Management courses, how do I arrange study leave?

Please refer to Leave Arrangements within the policies section for further information.

I would like to arrange a clinical attachment. How can I do this?

A clinical attachment is a period as observer, usually no more than 3 months, useful for familiarisation with the way doctors work in the UK, but not deemed as training. If what you really want is a training post, then these are advertised in BMJ careers.

If you are looking for observership, then you should approach an individual consultant, if you have a contact, or the Clinical Tutor (or Director of Postgraduate Medical Education) at the hospital near to where you are living. 

In this section