Safeguarding Children Course
The Inter-collegiate guidance makes a clear statement that GP trainees need to work towards child protection training at Level 3 competency, which is a requirement of inclusion in the National Medical Performers List on completion of training.
This is achieved on an ongoing basis over the 3 year programme:
- IT module (on-line learning module prior to full day course) 1 hour Level 3
- One session of Multi Agency Training ST1 or ST2 - 7 hours Level 3
Trainees in paediatrics posts may also receive Child Protection training at Level 2 as part of their induction.
The full day Safeguarding Children courses are run annually and you must attend the full day course during your training to achieve level 3 competence.
Places are limited, you must book a place to attend by contacting Sue Gumley.
Sue Gumley 0114 2222092
email : email@example.com
Prior to attending the full day course:
- Please make sure you have completed the e-learning module and upload the certificate to your eportfolio prior to the course. You will not be able to do the course without undertaking the module.
- You may also wish to read through the pre-course material before attending.
The module is free but you will need to have an nhs.net email account. Please register with e-lfh.
After the course:
- A certificate of attendance is issued for the course and must be uploaded to a Course/Certificate log entry in your ePortfolio to confirm level 3 status.
- You may wish to read through the Post course reading
Please also refer to the HE Yorkshire & The Humber guidance in the downloads section below.