Post-CCT Fellowship Scheme 2019/20
The investment in primary care set out in the GP Forward View includes funding for 250 post-CCT Fellowships. These are innovative posts available for GPs in their first 5 years after qualification. In 2019/20, Health Education England will fund 28 fellowships across Yorkshire and Humber. We are currently processing applications for these exciting positions for “First5” GPs.
CCGs, Trusts, Federations and GP Practices can apply for funding for GP roles that come under one of five broad categories of fellowship:
- System leadership – Supporting emerging GP leaders within the local healthcare system
- Health equity – Using the fellowship programme to reduce health inequalities
- Clinical – Helping GPs to develop a clinical special interest e.g. dermatology, frailty, palliative care
- Academic – Supporting early academic careers
- Educational – Stimulating early career GP educators through involvement with undergraduate or postgraduate education
The funding is available to help meet the costs of 2 sessions per week of protected study / professional development time (up to £18,492) and the cost of additional training or qualifications (up to £5,000) for a maximum of 12 months.
In Yorkshire and Humber, practices whose populations experience high levels of socioeconomic deprivation can apply for our innovative and exciting Trailblazer scheme, with a fantastic programme of education and support provided by Fair Health.
The organisation hosting the fellowship will be expected to advertise the posts, appoint to the posts and meet the cost of employing the trainee for the remaining sessions. Posts are expected to commence late Summer / early Autumn 2019.
Detailed guidance is available here
Available posts will be advertised here once available
To obtain further details or an application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|MyHealthGroup - York|
|Rooley Lane Medical Centre - Bradford||https://www.bradfordvtsjobs.co.uk/job/salaried-gp-with-teaching-role-pt-or-ft-bradford/|