For more information on Less Than Full Time Training see our LTFT Page here
Less Than Full-Time Training
Less Than Full Time (LTFT) training, previously called flexible or part-time training, is a well established feature of GP Training in Yorkshire and the Humber.
Doctors choose LTFT training for a variety of reasons, including family commitments or health reasons.
For further information please visit the LTFT page.
Please note the following:
- Slot shares of vacant full time hospital training posts are the default.
- There is a significant drop in salary for a supernumerary post as there is no banding.
- There is no guarantee you will get the rotation you were originally offered and you may be offered a slot share post in another local GP training programme.
- No less than 50% of full time in ST1 and ST2, 50% or 60% possible in ST3.
- LTFT does not mean flexible, ie you may have to fit in with the normal start times of the team in hospital or GP, and may have to be in the practice on specific days if that is needed for practice reasons (tutorial day LTFT trainer, etc.)
- RCGP and ePortfolio requirements for evidence, COT/CBD, etc, are pro rata.
- You are expected to give as much notice as possible, minimum of 3 months, of your intention to return to full time training.
(Please bear in mind that ST1 rotations to start training in August are finalised and advertised in December of the previous year.)
- ST3 placement is normally at one practice. Should you wish to request a change to a different practice, you may submit a request to do so.
- A personal organiser/smart phone or similar as organisation is paramount for LTFT trainees.
- Study leave and annual leave are pro-rata.