What is Spring / Autumn School?
Spring and Autumn School are usually annual, 4 day, events running in May and October. Each day contains a series of courses to choose from, aimed at the development of GP Trainers. The venue alternates between Hull, Leeds and Sheffield to enable access for all Trainers.
This Spring we are making a change from the usual Spring School format and instead there will be a 2 day trainer conference on 5th and 6th May 202 at Thorpe Park Hotel, Leeds.
Trainers can attend either or both days.
The theme is helping you to help trainees with three strands:
1) Helping the trainee facing challenges to succeed
2) Helping to stretch the good/excellent trainee
3) Helping you to thrive despite the challenges
There will be keynote speakers and a choice of workshops.
We hope this will be an interesting and stimulating event with lots of opportunity for learning and networking.
There will be a return to the usual format of day courses for Autumn School.
The course is free to GP Trainers working in Yorkshire and the Humber.
Spring School - 05 & 06 May 2020
Autumn School - TBC
This page will be updated with further information when available.
We have changed from the manual booking system to an online self-service system called Maxcourse.
If you have not already created a Maxcourse account, please click on this link: Maxcourse and follow the below instructions.
Click on ‘New user – start here’ and complete the requested information.
After you have created your account, before you can book onto a course you will need to update the following:
- Profession- Select the one/s that apply, this will be used to confirm you are applying for courses relevant to your current grade. This is located under ‘User details- Professions’
- Gender, Main Occupation, Speciality and Trust. These are to be updated via ‘User details- Personal Details’
Once your account has been set up, you can locate courses either by the course calendar or using the search function, specifying ‘Autumn School’.
Click on ‘My Courses’ to see the list of courses you are booked on to.