To assist the quality of the delivery of training, HEE YH have designed two packages aimed at Medical Educators in recent years:
- Senior Medical Educators Package – This is currently being updated and will be available soon.
- Educational Supervisors Training Package
Details and guidance on how to access this can be found on the following page.
Educational Supervison section of Skills / Courses page
Since the launch of this blended learning programme in 2014, and up until the end of August 2015, 756 Educational/Clinical Supervisors have completed the e-learning module through the HEE YH web based LMS platform, plus many more via their own Trust based NLMS system.
HEE YH have held 157 follow up face to face sessions at varying Trusts in the region, with 1663 Educational/Clinical Supervisors in attendance.
The programme has been very well received, with attendees commenting on how this has been of huge assistance with the day to day training and management of junior doctors.
Below are some samples of the feedback that have been received in relation to the blended learning package:
“Very comprehensive & clear”
“Excellent; concise and informed”
“Well presented and clear”
Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) has developed an e-learning session for Educational Supervisors of less than full time (LTFT) trainee doctors. The session aims to equip healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to effectively supervise a LTFT trainee and raise awareness of the supervisors’ responsibilities.
HEE is committed to improving Junior Doctors’ working lives and championing flexible working more broadly. With work/life balance highlighted as a mounting concern to doctors in training, and the risk of “burnout” affecting recruitment and retention in some specialties, the need for increased understanding and positive promotion of Less than Full Time Training is essential.
- 20-25 minute e-learning session for supervision of a less than full time trainee
- Your duties as a supervisor of a LTFT trainee under the Equality Act 2010
- The implications of LTFT training in relation to Certificates of Completion Training (CCT) dates, Annual Reviews of Competence Progression (ARCPs) and training extensions
- What LTFT training is and reasons why trainees may wish to apply
- The benefits of LTFT training
- How LTFT training is arranged and the different types of post arrangements available.
- Highly recommended for completion by all Educational Supervisors, Training Programme Directors and Heads of School.
- To access the learning content please follow this link: http://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/473676
- If you already have an account with e-LfH you can log in at this stage to access the content. Otherwise please register for an account using your work email address.